Direct Payments Support Service
Since 1998, Cheshire Centre for Independent Living has been offering a Direct Payments support service to disabled people managing their own care who receive a Direct Payment as part of their Personal Budget from Social Services.
Cheshire Centre for Independent Living offers independent and impartial advice and information on all aspects of directing your own care to people under 65 in the Cheshire West & Chester and Cheshire East Local Authority areas. (If you are over the age of 65, please click here to be referred to the relevant support service).
Cheshire Centre for Independent Living can support you with:
- Ongoing technical advice and information on all aspects of directing your own care.
- Employing staff legally and acting as a good employer.
- Managing the paperwork for their Direct Payments.
- Assisting with the recruitment of a Personal Assistant or assisting with the arrangement of care via a Care Agency.
- Carrying out Police Checks (CRB checks) on Personal Assistants
- Working out how to spend a Personal Budget and helping a person allocate costs to ensure their needs are met.
- Supporting with any employment law issues.
- Signposting to other relevant services.