Facilitated by a partnership between Age UK Cheshire and Cheshire Centre for Independent Living: The North West Personal Assistant (PA) Register is an easy-access, secure online recruitment tool that empowers Individual Employers and Personal Assistants to search for the Right Person or the Right Job, in one place.
It aims to provide an innovative and personalised ‘one-stop-shop’ recruitment initiative, creating a simpler and more effective way to both recruit personal assistants and for personal assistants to find employment.
The online register of Personal Assistants provides greater choice for Individual Employers and Personal Assistants by:-
- Providing individual employers, with the opportunity to access an online searchable market of Personal Assistants, across the Northwest, in one place.
- Providing Personal Assistants with the opportunity to access a searchable market of Personal Assistant vacancies, across the Northwest, in one place.
- Providing a flexible and responsive recruitment initiative aligned with their individual personalised requirements.
- Raising the awareness of the Personal Assistant role.
- Increasing the number of Personal Assistants entering the social care sector.
- Improving the skills and employability of the Personal Assistant workforce, within the care sector.
This initiative enables a secure advertising/application process, as well as, a two-way communication tool to enable employers/PA’s to communicate securely with each other regarding recruitment needs. This initiative has offered greater choice and control which enables individual employers and PAs to access flexible and responsive recruitment provision aligned with their individual requirements, thus impacting positively on workforce competency, capacity and commitment.